It is contractually required that you provide the personal information described in this Policy in order to use the Site. If you do not wish to provide the Information, you may not use the Site.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information is your explicit consent when accessing the Site and our legitimate interest in device, website or app traffic analysis.
Information We Collect
The Site. As part of the standard operation of the Site, we may collect information from your computer or mobile device, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site, and if you are accessing our Site or Service with your mobile device, type of mobile device, version of our software, and how you use our software such as the features and functions you use and frequency of use. In addition, we may collect information about how you use our Site, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data.
Information You Submit. If you voluntarily submit information to us—for example, if you register on the Site, order products or services, participate in a survey, contact us or provide us feedback, supply additional information to your account or profile, or respond to our request for information—we will collect the information you submit. In each such instance, you will know what data we collect, because you actively submit it. We will use the data you voluntarily submit to us for the purposes we describe in this Policy, as well as any purposes that we describe to you when we collect such information. We will also collect information about the third-party contacts you input.
Information Submitted to our Third-Party Monitoring Partner. You may be required to submit your name, contact information, pin/safe-key, location information, and the names and contact information for your emergency contacts to our third-party monitoring partner.
Location Information. The App uses GPS technology and cellular network signals to track your location. Either you or your device is the source of all personal information collected about you.
Cookies & Web Beacons
- provide you with customized content and advertising;
- monitor Site usage;
- remember you when you return to the Site; and
- conduct research to improve our content and services.
We may also allow other companies such as web analytics partners, advertisers, or ad networks to set or access their cookies or Web beacons (also referred to as 1x1 pixel.gifs or action tags) on the Site. For example, we may use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet or to display ads for other companies on our Site. These third-party advertising companies employ cookies and Web Beacons to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients, including us. To do so, these companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites. This information may include: date/time of banner ad shown, their cookie, and the first three octets of the IP address. This anonymous information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes. These third parties may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide ads about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used, click go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You are free to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Use and Processing of Information
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- provide you with customized content and advertising;
- for account verification and to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to provide the Service,
- provide you with targeted offers and advertising on the Site;
- to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from our company as well as from our subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing partners, advertisers and other third parties;
- to contact you when necessary;
- to address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site, Service and our business;
- to improve our Site and Service and develop new products and services, and
- otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of information collection.
We will also share your personal information with our third-party monitoring partner, law enforcement or rescue authorities, and your authorized third parties if you press the “SOS Button” in the App or engage any other function of our services which is designed to contact third-party help. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine the various types of data that we collect and to combine the data we collect with data we acquire from other entities.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information collected from and about you to the following entities for the following purposes:
- to our service providers and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable any of them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us;
- to our service providers, suppliers, and others under conditions of confidentiality to improve their systems, services, and other business purposes,
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- otherwise, with your consent. In addition, in the event that our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Finally, we may share your information with third parties who may contact you with offers and other marketing communications. If you would like a list of those entities with whom we share your personal information for those entities own direct marketing purposes, please send us a request by using the Contact Us form on the Website or as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We will disclosure your information to our third-party monitoring partner, to law enforcement or rescue authorities, and your authorized third parties to the extent we believe it is necessary for your safety or security.
Forums & Blogs
Our Site or Service may provide a forum, blog, or other interactive feature that allows you to disclose information directly to us and other users of the Site or Service. Your participation in such interactive features is completely voluntary and we assume no obligations or responsibility with respect to the information you provide or share through such interactive features. To participate in these interactive features, we may require you to register with us and provide certain information such as your name, email address, location, phone number, and desired display name (which may be viewable by other users of the interactive features). We or our service providers acting on our behalf may use the information you provide during the registration process for analytical and development purposes (such as to make product or service enhancements) and to enable you to use the interactive features and to manage your account. You may also personalize our interactive features by voluntarily providing additional information such as your location, instant message contact information, website address, occupation, and other information. Our interactive features may also allow you to upload an avatar or other graphical representation of yourself. If you voluntarily provide such additional information, it may be viewable by other users of the interactive features - so you should not provide information you do not want other users to know.
You can stop the collection of location information from your BASU tracking device(s) at any time by turning them off. In addition, if you do not want us to collect, use, and share the information we describe in this Policy, please discontinue your use of the Site and Service. In connection with promotions, surveys, or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision.
Please note that our affiliates and other data recipients have their own data privacy policies, which may differ from ours and you would have to contact them separately with respect to opt-out requests.
Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you share, or to the settings for your account at any time by logging in to your account. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, we may, for a time, retain uncorrected, residual information about you in backup and/or archival copies of our database. To access other personal information we may have associated with your account, please contact us by using the Contact Us form on the Website or as provided in the Contact Us section below. Upon request we will provide you a copy and/or description of any personal information we hold about you within in a reasonable time and we will correct or delete it upon your request. For information about deleting your data, see the Section “Closing Your Account & Deleting Information”, below.
We have taken certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from our Site and Service. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you register on our Site or for our Service, it is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Closing Your Account & Deleting Information
You can close your account by contacting us using the Contact Us form on the Website or as provided in the Contact Us section below. If you would like us to remove the information we have about you from our databases, please contact us by using the Contact Us form on the Website or as provided in the Contact Us section below and we will remove your information within a reasonable time but we may retain information about you in our non-public databases for a reasonable period of time to support our operational requirements (for example only, reconciling your transactions). Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be circumstances where we are legally required to retain the information we collect about you (for example, in connection with court proceedings) and despite your request for us to delete your information, we will retain what we are legally required to keep. Moreover, we reserve the right to make anonymous the information so that it is no longer associated with your account rather than deleting it. We also reserve the right to use previously obtained information to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under thirteen.
Links & Third Party Websites
Retention of Personal Data
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is required. At a minimum, we will retain your personal information for one day. We will retain it for as long as is needed to service your subscription account or ten years, whichever is longer. We may retain your personal information for a longer period of time when such retention is necessary for compliance with legal obligations, the protection of your vital interests, or the vital interests of another person.
Transfers of Information to the United States
We are based in the United States and will transfer your personal information to the United States to be hosted. Transfers of Information to the United States to will be protected by contractual means and relevant industry standards.
Certain Rights Under the GDPR
The GDPR provides those transferring personal information from the EU with certain rights. The following is a summary of rights.
- The Right of Access. You have the right to be informed of, and request access to, the Information we process about you.
- The Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure. You the right to have the Company delete your Information.
- The Right to Restrict Data. You have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Personal Information.
- The Right to Object. You have the right to object to us processing your Information on grounds relating to your particular situation or for direct marketing purposes.
- The Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request a copy of your Information in electronic format and the right to transmit that Information to any other service.
- The Right not to be Subject to Profiling (Automated Decision Making). You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling.
- The Right to Complain: You may file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Certain Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes rights specifically applicable to California residents.
You have the right to request that BASU. disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over any prior 12 month period. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that BASU delete any personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, and unless an exception applies, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-888-880-BASU, or
- Sending a letter to us at USA Innovations Inc., 500 Westover Dr. #4121, Sanford, NC 27330.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will use our best efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we may deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Owner and Data Controller
The Information we collect and process is controlled by USA INNOVATIONS INC., d/b/a BASU, located within the United States
You may contact us at:
500 Westover Drive # 4121
Sanford, NC 27330, USA
B A S U, BASU.COM, and the B A S U logo are trademarks of B A S U. All other marks are owned by their respective owners.
Effective Date: September 14th, 2020.